How to get a guy to commit is such a common question around women and I can imagine it is frustrating. From my experience most women have a set amount of expectations of what they want their man to be, and it is those some expectations that will send a man running for the hills. This article will attempt to explain the reasons men refuse to commit as well as what not to do and what to do to get a guy to commit.
Reasons why he refuses to commit:
When it comes down to it, there are only a couple of reasons for this. Coming from a males perspective, these will be the same for almost every man out there.
- Men take a lot of time to decide whether change and commitment
- Women almost always want to move the relationship faster than men do.
- Some women believe that they can TALK a guy into commitment, where in actual fact 100% of the time it will do the exact opposite.
How to change this:
So I believe the best way to dissect the problem of how to get a guy to commit is by first explaining what NOT to do. These are taken from my personal experience and of my friends.
- Don’t expect him to want exactly what you want. Your expectations and desire will be different from his almost every time. Do not force it.
- If you attempt to pressure a guy to commit too soon, he will feel like he is being pushed into doing something that he doesn’t want.
- Don’t ever assume a guy will change just because you want him to. You need to take the mindset that he will not change unless HE wants to. If you don’t like who he is now, then it’s time to move on.
- Do not hide your expectations away from the man. It is of extreme importance that you either be completely honest and tell him your expectations from the very start, or have no expectations at all.
Now for the more constructive part of the article being what to actual do to get a guy to commit to you. Some of these tips may be hard to accept or understand, but trust me this is the way it is.
- Call/text him only half as much as you do now. Act as though men are not exactly a priority at the moment and you have other tasks and issues of more importance.
- Set little to know expectations on him. This is a rare quality to men and will set you apart from the other demanding and argumentative women that he has been with in the past and he will actually be hoping that you like him because you give him that sense of freedom and not being trapped.
- Prove to the man that you are the catch, not him. Act as if you could do much better and that you don’t really need him. This will get him doing back flips to try and be with you and get your approval.
- Don’t answer his call or return his texts for a day or two. The more that pull back, the harder he will pursue with fear of losing someone who is such a catch.
So there you have it. Just reading this article back to myself I cant help thinking how stupid guys are and how easy it must be for girls to get someone to commit once they know step by step what to do. If you are interested in a step by step program on how to get a guy to commit, check out my product review of How to Read a Man here.